ALES - Kapchagay HEP plant

Kapchagaiskaia GES

Kapchagay Hydroelectric Power Plant was designed by Kazakh Branch of All-Union Scientific Research and Design Institute “Hydroproject” named after S. Ya. Zhouk in 1959 with further modification of the project during the period from 1961 to 1964. The management board of Kapchagay HEP Plant under construction was formed in 1965 by the Decree No. 266-P of the Council of Ministers of the Kazakh SSR dated February 25, 1965, and thus its construction was began.

Mash zal kges Kapchagay HEP Plant became a part of “Almatyenergo” on October 1, 1970 by the Decree of the Council of Ministers of the Kazakh SSR. In 1980 the construction of Kapchagay HEP Plant was finished and the acceptance certificate was signed by the state commission. The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Kazakhstan has adopted the Decree No. 423 dated May 12, 1992 on limitation of the maximum water reservoir level at 479 m. Turbine hall of Kapchagay HEP Plant. In 1996 Kapchagay HEP Plant became a part of “Almaty Power Consolidated”, CJSC (subsidiary of “Tractebel”, a Belgium company). Kapchagay HEP Plant began operating since February 15, 2007 as a part of “Almaty Power Stations”, JSC following the reorganization of “Almaty Power Consolidated”, JSC.

Location: Kapchagay city

Tel. / fax: (+7727) 592-05-30 In Almaty city: (+7727) 391-61-08