CHPP-2 named after A. Zhakutov


tec2 panorama

The construction of the Almaty CHPP-2 named after A. Zhakutov was started in 1974 with a design capacity of the first stage of 240 thousand kW, in order to increase the level of seismic safety, the station was buried 12 meters deep. For the first time in the country, boilers with a steam capacity of 420t/hour in a seismic design were put into operation at the station.
In 1980-1983, three steam boilers of the BKZ type were put into operation-420-140-7C and three steam turbines of the PT-80/100-130/13 type.
The 2nd stage of construction was carried out in 1985-1989.

gradirni tec2

During these years, four more BKZ steam boilers were put into operation-420-140-7C, one steam turbine of type R-50-130/13 and two steam turbines of type T-110/120-130-5. In 2016, boiler unit No. 8 of type E 420-13.8-560 KT was put into operation. The installed capacity of the station is:

  • electric - 510 MW
  • thermal-1411 Gcal/h

The CHPP operates according to a thermal schedule with additional electricity generation in the condensation mode.

The heat output to the Western thermal complex is carried out via the heating mains Dy = 800mm and 1000mm. The hot water supply system is open. The temperature schedule of heat release is a special one with the maximum temperature of the mains water in winter-up to 1350C, in summer-700C.

After the reform of JSC APK CHPP-2 named after A. Zhakutov, it began functioning on February 15, 2007. as a part of JSC "Almaty electric stations".

Location: Almaty region, Karasaysky district, Algabas
village Tel. / fax: (+7727) 250-31-40 / 250-31-55